Broccoli – The Super Green Food
Broccoli – The Super Green Food
Broccoli – The Super Green Food – With the advent of fast food chains and other highly oil filled stuffs, the importance of greens is less remembered even though people are aware of it. When you get those nonsense foods in minutes why do you want to spend time cutting and eating greens like broccoli, cabbage, spinach and vegetable likes carrot, beans and others? This is how people approach the future of their health and become the cause of their own unhealthy nature as they get addicted to these tasty but high calorie food stuffs.
Due to increasing illness and the rise of new diseases, doctors and experts are into promoting eating healthy and reducing street or fast food. Broccoli is one such magic vegetable gaining importance these days and more and more people are getting used to including in their daily diet regime.
It is a major source of soluble fiber as well as vitamin C apart from vitamin B1, 2, 3,5,6,9, iron, phosphorous and zinc. Research are still being conducted to know the extent of how good this vegetable is as it is already proven to improve overall health by improving health and treating deadly diseases like cancer.
Here are some of the reasons why broccoli is known as ‘super food’.
• Known for lesser calories and better source of minerals, fiber and vitamins, broccoli is pretty popular among everyone as a good antioxidant.
• Broccoli is rich in phyto-nutrients like sulforaphae, thiocyanates, isothiocyanates, indoles and flavenoids such as Lutein, beta carotene and zeaxanthin.
• The above properties present in the vegetable is responsible for protecting the body against breast, urinary bladder, prostate, pancreatic and colon cancer.
• When it comes to eating the vegetable fresh, you get the maximum benefit of being a good source of Vitamin C known to be a powerful anti-oxidant and of course a natural immune modulator helping in protecting against viruses causing flu.
• Broccoli heads are rich sources of folates known to help in preventing tube defects mostly in the child. It must be consumed while you are pregnant or trying to carry. Folate along with vitamin B6 work together to reduce the risks associated with stroke, cardiac attack or even arteriosclerosis.
• The green portion seen on the top of broccoli known as the leaves is found to be the reservoir of vitamin A and carotenoids.
• The flower heads of this magic vegetable is also known to contact omega-3 fatty acids in small amounts.
• Bones are greatly benefits on regular consumption of broccoli in large quantity. It is because this anti-cancer food is rich in calcium and Vitamin K. These are pretty important to keep your bones in good health always protecting you from osteoporosis which is a very common health issue in both young and old.
• The greatest benefits of broccoli lie in boosting your immune levels and if you have such problems it is high time that you include it in your grocery list. To ensure better results consume 1 cup of fresh or partially cooked broccoli every day. It works wonders as it contains beta carotene as well as trace minerals like zinc and selenium that works best to give immense power and rejuvenate your immune system for the work that it does every single day in protecting you.
• With its antioxidant properties, consuming broccoli is also helpful in fighting ageing signs. It makes you feel refreshed and young with tight skin and mesmerizing complexion making you feel young at heart and appearance.
Broccoli can be eaten raw or fresh and even as salads as it is available at any time fresh and green. It must be cleaned deeply by placing in salt water for 30 minutes to remove any dust, worms or pesticide remnants to get the maximum benefit.